Friday, August 31, 2012

Clint Eastwood at the Republican National Convention RNC

Clint Eastwood at the Republican National Convention RNC



Al Sharpton said somebody should have thrown a rope over Clint Eastwood and dragged him off the stage.

I had a different reaction. Clint Eastwood brought tears to my eyes.



Clint Eastwood addresses Barack Obama in a nearby empty chair:

“I’ve got Mr. Obama sitting here – I was just going to ask him a couple of questions… I remember three and a half years ago, when Mr. Obama won the election – and though I wasn’t a big supporter, I was watching that night… when he was having that thing and they were talking about hope and change, and they were talking about  ‘Yes We Can’, and it was nice, and it was dark, and it was outdoors, people were lighting candles… you know, I just thought this is great. Everybody was crying, Oprah was crying… and I was even crying… I haven’t cried that hard since I found out that there’s twenty-three million unemployed people in this country. Now that is something to cry for. That is a national disgrace… this administration hasn’t done enough to cure that.

“Twenty-three million unemployed Americans is a national disgrace... Now it may be time for someone else to come along and solve the problem.

“Mr. President, how do you handle promises that you made when you were running for election? … What do you say to people?...People are wondering… Why close Gitmo – I mean we spent so much money on it – why close it? … What do you mean ‘SHUT UP’? … I thought it was maybe because somebody had a stupid idea of trying terrorists in downtown New York City – maybe that was it.”

“I know you were against the war in Iraq – that’s OK –but you thought the war in Afghanistan was OK, you thought that was something worth doing -  (but) we didn’t check with the Russians to see how they did there for the ten years…

“You mentioned something about having a target date for bringing everybody home, and you’ve given that target date – and I think Mr. Romney asked the only sensible question – Why are you giving the date out now? Why don’t you just bring them home tomorrow morning? …What? I’m not going to shut up – it’s my turn…We’re gonna have to have a little chat about that.

“And then I just wondered with all these promises – I wondered about when .. the uh- what? What do you want me to tell Romney? I can’t tell him to do that … he can’t do that to himself. You’re absolutely crazy! You’re getting as bad as Biden!”

“Of course we all know Biden is the intellect of the Democratic Party – kind of a grin with a body behind it.”

“I just think that there’s so much to be done… and I think that Mr Romney and Mr. Ryan are two guys that can come along... see I never thought  it was a good idea for attorneys to be president anyway… you know - attorneys are always taught to argue everything.. you know, they’re always ‘devil’s advocating’ this, and bifurcating that – you know all that stuff… I think it’s maybe time for a businessman – what do you think about that?...What? I’m sorry -  I can’t do that to myself either.

“I’d just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen, something that I think is very important – is that you ,we – we own this country!... It’s not you owning it, and it’s not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours. They’re just going to come around and beg for votes every few years…(What I want to say) is that I want you to realize that you’re the best in the world, whether you are a Democrat or you are a Republican, whether you are a Libertarian or whatever, we should not ever forget that… And when somebody does not do the job we gotta let him go.”

“OK – you want to make my day? … go ahead – MAKE MY DAY!”


In my opinion, this was an unforgettable speech by an unforgettable American!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

With neither Obama or Romney able to follow thru on their promises, who do you vote for ?

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd549.htm

Anonymous said...

Billions of dollars have been poured into these campaigns--including from some very big celebrities. How has that influenced anybody really? A few people got a little richer. Making the speech that Mr. Eastwood made, well, that really made my day! Giving away money is easy. Having the courage to make your opinion known in today's political climate takes real courage.

Who do you vote for? Every day you vote to be the one person in this world who has real integrity and the highest possible character. If everyone votes each day to be the one to do this we will begin to experience real hope and change. Yes we can.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion he is an unforgettable American who is complicit in what went on at that convention and just because he hit the right nerve about Obama dosent warm the cockles of my heart. He could have just as easily been speaking about Romney. They are all cheaters. Both the dems and the repubs are dishonorable and because they cheated and still couldnt win they will now have Soros count the votes , so this locks Ron Paul out from running as an independent because they forseen that possibility and awarded the contract to count the votes to Soros. So enjoy the joke while you can .